So, I took my happy butt to our kitchen, popped that baby in the freezer and then promptly forgot about it. Until Cody went to the gym about three hours later. So, while he was gone, I went and got the candle and a butter knife (hello, dull?) and started trying to get the wax out.
That's right. I was almost done getting all the wax out. The end was in site! Then that happened. I was so mad. I had already nearly risked my fingers and everything else trying to get this wax out of the candle. It was not simple.
I was expecting to run the knife around the outside of the wax to let it separate from the candle sides and then it would pop out like a disk.
Uh, no. Not happening, apparently.
I didn't even try to fix it. I was too mad. I will not be using this "freezer method" again. I will definitely be using my old method which is when I'm burning the candle all the way to the bottom, I pour all the already melted wax into a red solo cup, wait for it to harden and toss it in the trash. It seems much safer and works so much better! I've already got another candle ready to be made into a makeup brush holder using that method!
Have you met this amazing blogger?